Looking for original German text

Hier könnt Ihr nach Übersetzungen spezieller Rilke-Texte in fremde Sprachen fragen

Moderatoren: Thilo, stilz

Antworten
Leo Lijstenmaker

Looking for original German text

Beitrag von Leo Lijstenmaker »

Hello all,
I have the following text from a letter of September 24 1908 to Sidonie Nadherny and I am hoping to find the original German text, hopefully somewhere the internet. If anybody knows where I can find it I would be very grateful. Thanks,

Leo

the text:
I have never understood how a genuine, elementary, thoroughly true love can remain unrequited since such love is nothing but the urgent and blessed appeal for another person to be beautiful, abundant, great, intense, unforgettable: nothing but the surging commitment for him to amount to something. And tell me, who would be in a position to refuse this appeal when it is directed at at him, when it elects him from amoung millions where he might have lived obscured by his fate or unattainable in the midst of fame... so absolutely intended to be passed onward beyond the individual and needs the beloved only for the ultimate charche that will propel its future orbiting among the stars.
Antworten