Ships

Wie kann ich Bilder einstellen/ Beiträge im Nachhinein ändern...?

Moderatoren: Thilo, stilz

Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Marie and Volker,

Yes, as you can imagine, I was very sorry to hear this news! :cry: (Sure Volker! - Just go ahead and ruin my summer!!) Only joking. I am hoping that you will miss being bothered with all of my requests for translations so much that you will decide it is worth the expense of having internet services while gone!! (Not likely, I'm sure - just wishful thinking!!) :wink:

Volker, I put the shipwreck picture on a separate webpage. Hopefully you can access it this way. It appears very small on the page (even though the image size is 400 x 600) and doesn't look very good, but perhaps you can go through the same process as for the rose above to see how it really looks.

http://www.geocities.com/rilkefan2000/Shipwreck.html

Also, Marie, did you take a look at the web page I set up a few days ago with a few Rilke rose poems? It's really nothing special and needs lots of work. The only reason I created the web page was so I could use it to post the pictures to the forum, but to my disappointment, all of my work was useless because I still can't post the pictures from the web page, :evil: and I don't really know anyone who could help me. I thought maybe my husband could help, but he doesn’t know much about web pages either. I hope you have better luck than I did when you try making your web page, Marie! :roll:

http://www.geocities.com/rilkefan2000

Liebe Grüße,

Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

I have one last request, and I promise to stop asking for help then! Could you please post one last picture for me under the topic: "RILKE'S FRENCH ROSE POEMS (DIE ROSEN). I hate to ask, but it is a picture of rose thorns, and it goes so well with the next poem to be posted under that topic (Rose, against whom did you assume those thorns?)

http://www.geocities.com/rilkefan2000/Thorns.html

Forever grateful!

Linda
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi Linda,

yes, I took a look at your web page and I went green with envy!!! (just joking) I wish I would come up to this point with my own web page! The man who promised to help me with it is on holiday for two weeks and the other one is too busy at the moment. My husband gave me the advice to attract him to come here with cake and coffee! I’m not sure if that works but I would do almost anything to get this stupid web page NOW, because it drives me round the bend anytime I try it on my own. I think it isn’t complicated at all but it seems that this technical language is meant to be confusing so you have to ask for help.
I love the rose poems like you do and each of them reminds me on something. My roses are still blooming beautifully and I can easily imagine that for someone as sensitive as Rilke they must have been even more a wonder of creation and a spring of inspiration. I get closer to them with every year. I began to recognize that they have many various energies – some very tender and in need of protection others strong as if they are guarding the other plants around themselves (sounds strange, I know, but that’s what I feel while quietly watching them)

Liebe Grüße :roll:
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

sorry, it was me!
I can't get the "further smilies" - I've intented to place a green one behind "envy", but it doesn't appear! Don't bother, Volker, it's not a real serious problem, I guess. I'll figure it out tomorrow :shock:
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

:mrgreen:

Hab' sie wieder gefunden! Als ich rüber ins word- Dokument ging, waren sie plötzlich da :idea: Keine Ahnung wie die dahin gekommen sind :?: :idea:
Volker

Shipwreck

Beitrag von Volker »

Hi Linda,

so here's your shipwreck picture finally.
Yes, it's a small fishing vessel, apparently stranded.
Nice name, though, Anna ...

I prefer to stay always safe afloat! :!:

(PS: I'll also do my best with the rosethorns in the other thread)

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Volker am 17. Jun 2003, 23:35, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Volker

me again

Beitrag von Volker »

Hi Linda and Marie,

regarding pictures on Geocities websites: I just heard that Geocities does not allow access to the URL's in such a way as to post pictures on other websites. In other words: the link to a picture on a Geocities website doesn't work. It's a kind of Geocities policy or something. I don't know.
(I found out by posting this question in my local Mac technical forum ;-) )

So no more futile attempts, please. You'd better find some other webspace. As mentioned earlier: most ISP's (your provider) offer free webspace for registered customers, as far as I know at least.

This will probalbly be my last posting:
Sing:
Sad to say:
I'm on my way....
(Harry Belafonte, the girl in Kingston-Town)

(For me it's good-bye on Thursday afternoon). :( / :? / :D
:arrow:
Bild

I will miss you :cry:

TEST: Bild von alter arcor-homepage.
(arcor= German ISP - formerly used by me)

Bild
Funktioniert auch!
(Meine Tochter, als Kind in den Ferien in den Schweizer Bergen)
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

Thanks so very much for posting the thorn picture along with the poem, and also the fishing boat. I'm glad you finally got to see it after hearing about it so much!

We just recently switched our ISP from AOL to cable service (broadband), and I did look last night to see if they offer free web space. I didn't find anything, but I will check further, and hopefully I will get this worked out soon.

Once again, thanks for all your help, Volker. You will be missed! :cry:

Viele Grüße und Bon Voyage!!

Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Marie,

I had forgotten all about the green smilie since it isn't visible unless you click on "view more Emoticons." Setting up a web page using Geocities is relatively easy, and you don't have to know the technical language because they have a "wizard" that walks you through the whole process with blanks that you fill in with the information you want on your site. Unfortunately, though, as Volker pointed out, Geocities is apparently not a good site if you want to post pictures at other websites. So, now I have to try to find free webspace at another site.

It sure is going to be lonely without Volker in the forum! He said internet service is available on the ship but that it is too expensive. Maybe he will miss us so much, he will decide it's worth it!! I sure hope you will stick around. There doesn't seem to be anyone else in the forum much who cares to speak English. Of course, I understand that because I know how difficult it is for me to speak German. I am fraid I am spoiled now! Having you and Volker was the perfect combination with Volker to do most of the translating and you to bring the flowers. Fortunately I think Volker translated most of the poems I had questions about, but I'm sure I will come up with a few more over the next few months that hopefully you will be able to help me with.

I am going to have company (visitors) for 10 days from June 22 to July 2, so I probably won't be spending much time in the forum during that time, although I will try to check periodically to make sure I'm not missing a message from you or anything else important, and I'll try to at least say "hello" a couple of times in between.

How is your "Rilke and Death" Aufsatz coming along? Are you still working on it or did you decide to give it up for a while?

I would love to see your roses. :mrgreen: With my husband in the military, we never stay anywhere long enough to have many flowers. We plant them, and someone else gets to enjoy them (after we move)! Fortunately, he only has another 3 years left. Who knows, maybe we'll get to go to Germany one last time before he retires!

Liebe Grüße,

Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

If you are still here and have computer access, would it be possible for you to edit the "rose thorn" posting (under FRENCH POEMS - Die Rosen) by adding the title to the poem which is "XII" in BOLD, and also, could you change the text so it is NOT in italics. I know, I know . . . Here I am again with yet another request, but I would like for all of the poems to be in the same format, and I can't change it since I didn't post it.

Thanks so much and have a safe trip!

Linda
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

Hi Linda,

I came home late this evening and have just found your posting. Sounds quite sad! Of course, I’ll try to give you help with the translations (and I can always ask my husband for help as well) But anyway, I will miss Volker’s contributions (and technical advice and reasonable attitudes), too. (Das muss doch runtergehen wie Öl, alter Seebär! Wir weinen uns hier die Augen aus während du gemütlich in der Weltgeschichte herumschipperst und das auch noch „Job“ nennst! Der war fies, ich weiß, aber ich muss dich ja wieder auf den Teppich bringen – sonst wirst du noch zum „Fliegenden Holländer“!)

The problem with „Rilke and Death“ is not so much a lack of time (there are already about four different versions!). It’s more the fact that I remember his death emotionally and I felt guilty for such a long time. The second sentence in the book I wrote (Erinnerungen an RMR) is: Warum habe ich damals nicht verstehen können, daß er ein Todgeweihter war…I was like a mother to him and how could a mother accept the thought of her child dying before her? It’s a slow process to heal this soul- injury. It helps to remember other incarnations with different relations (as brother and sister or he was a fatherly friend and teacher in a very early time, probably the ancient Egypt) He was in my situation before and felt guilty for my death, so it was probably my own decision to experience this view.

I’ll give it another try with the domain address with a new provider. The only thing I was able to find out on my own was how to send the photos by e mail. But they are too big although I changed the size with the help of the photo editor. I’m sure that you will have a wonderful garden someday – after all this exercising with gardening! If you like to have a “big rose” out of my garden, you could send me your email address under PN – I’m not cross if you don’t want to reveal it! Just take it as a comfort for the leaving of this “faithless sailor”! :wink:

Liebe Grüße :D
Volker

Beitrag von Volker »

Hi Linda,
I did change the posting as requested.
Also, I added the french original and my own very personal translation into German.
Why not? :wink:
Hope you don't mind :lol:

Hallo Marie,
so ist es richtig, ihr vergnügt euch hier im Forum und laßt unsereinen im Schweiße seines Angesichts seinen sauer verdienten trockenen Schiffszwieback kauen! :wink:
Die "Anti"smilies müssen auch erst noch erfunden werden, die hier jetzt reingehören. :mrgreen: (Dieser heißt "Mr. Green", und ich weiß gar nicht was er bedeuten soll. Mal Linda fragen, vielleicht. Na, egal jetzt.

So this was definitively my last posting (for today :?: :wink: :?: )

Good luck to both of you, always.

Bild
At length did cross
an albatross ...
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

Thanks so very much! Nice translation also! I much prefer your translation to the one in the book. Do you speak French well enough to be able to understand the poem in French? If so, that is a wonderful advantage in translating these poems. Too bad you're leaving. I'd love to see your translation of some of the other French poems. Of course, they will still be waiting here when you get back!

Viele Grüße,

Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker and Marie,

Could one of you please translate this line for me from Volker's posting?

"so ist es richtig, ihr vergnügt euch hier im Forum und laßt unsereinen im Schweiße seines Angesichts seinen sauer verdienten trockenen Schiffszwieback kauen!"

What did you think of the "thorn" picture, Marie? I just happened to find it on the internet and thought it was perfect for that poem.

Liebe Grüße,

Linda
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

Hi Linda,

first I want to thank you for the two new rose poems. Each of these poems is special and makes me aware of the different forms in which the beauty of the roses appears. Even the thorns are beautiful and (to answer your question about it) remind me of those very delicate roses which seem to be a vision rather than reality and maybe are in need of those “guards”.

"so ist es richtig, ihr vergnügt euch hier im Forum und laßt unsereinen im Schweiße seines Angesichts seinen sauer verdienten trockenen Schiffszwieback kauen!"

That’s right so, you are amusing yourselves here in the Forum and let someone like me chew his very dry ship-cracker which has been earned hard by his sweat blood.

It was just a reply to my joke above! :wink: “Im Schweiße seines Angesichts sein Brot verdienen” is an idiomatic expression with reference to the bible.

Liebe Grüße :D
Antworten