Ships

Wie kann ich Bilder einstellen/ Beiträge im Nachhinein ändern...?

Moderatoren: Thilo, stilz

Rilke Fan

Ships

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

How did you insert the picture? While on the subject of ships, I had a picture that I made in Kiel many years ago that I wanted to post, but I couldn't figure out how to attach it. I was also hoping to find a "shipwreck" poem to go along with it, but I couldn't find anything. :?:

Gruß! Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

I didn't intend to start a new topic. I'm not sure how that happened - I must have pressed the wrong button somewhere. This was supposed to be a further posting under "Rose, oh reiner Widerspruch." Oh well! Linda :x
Volker

Pictures

Beitrag von Volker »

Hi Linda,
to insert a picture you just click "Img", insert the URL and click "Img" again.
The trick is, the complete URL of the picture (http://www. and so on)
must be inserted BETWEEN the "Img" Codes.
Example:
"["img"]"http://homepage.mac.com/vhelmers/.Pictu ... irius2.jpg"["/img"]"

You must omit the "" , I had to insert them here otherwise you wouldn't see the code but the picture :wink:

Of course you must upload the pictures to a webserver first, you can't take it directly from your harddisk to the forum.
Post back if you have more questions.

How do you like the "rose" at my workplace?
It's from my garden.

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Volker am 7. Jun 2003, 09:40, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker,

Wow! The rose is absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen one like it. What variety is it? How nice to remember Rilke with one of his beloved roses!

Too bad. I guess I'll have to forget about the picture I wanted to post because I know nothing about uploading to a web server. I didn't know it was that complicated!

Gruß! Linda :evil:
Volker

Pfingstrose

Beitrag von Volker »

Ummm,
I've cheated a little bit. :wink:
It's not a real rose. It's a "Pfingstrose" in German, I've looked it up in the dictionary, the botanical term is "Paeonia".
(I also have some roses, but they are not as "WOW"-like as this one). :wink:
Zuletzt geändert von Volker am 6. Jun 2003, 10:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

[img]

[/img]

Ich hoffe das klappt mit dem Bild??? :shock:
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

Das war ein Satz mit "x"! Ich schaue mir deine Erklärungen doch nochmal genau an Volker :cry:
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Bild
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Hi Volker (and everyone else!)

Wow! I finally figured out how to post my shipwreck picture that I made back in the 80s while living in Kiel. :lol: :lol: Gruß! Linda

Bild
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

What a disappointment! I really don't understand this. The picture was there when I pressed the "preview" (vorshau) button and I could see it, but then after I pressed the "submit" button, all you see is this little box with an "x." I was looking for a smile that says "SCREAM!" but I didn't find one. :twisted: :x Gruß, Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

Oh, this is really funny. Now you see it, now you don't! When I right clicked over the little box with the "x" and clicked on "show picture" it was there - I could see it! NOW IT'S GONE. And of course this had to happen on a night when Volker is out on the town! Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Gruß! Linda
Rilke Fan

Beitrag von Rilke Fan »

I have found that as long as I leave the page to the server open where I uploaded this picture, it can be viewed on the forum, but as soon as I close the page, the picture disappears! (I don't quite understand that, but that seems to be the way it works.) :roll:

I thought I had posted more about this picture somewhere, but if so, I can't seem to find it. At any rate, this is a picture I made while living in Kiel in the 1980s.

Also, here is the link to my newly created web page, which was really just an experiment and needs lots of work, but it's a beginning!!

http://www.geocities.com/rilkefan2000/

Gruss an alle! Linda
Volker

Inserting pictures

Beitrag von Volker »

Hi Linda,

here is one of your roses from your website:
I could only get it by copying it (download it on my HD) and uploading to my website.
I could not do it the "normal" way by using the command "copy link in a new window". I got the error message: "could not connect to server". Alternatively, I tried "open picture in a new window". This time, I got the picture alright, and also a URL. But when I inserted this URL in the Rilke forum, there was no picture to be seen. (The same frustration as you had).
So the problem seems to be with your Geocities website.

Bild
Ich hab' auch Verstand.©
gez. Volker
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

Hi Volker,

we aspect an invitation to a workshop "right use of PC and Internet" as soon as you are back! Did you tell Linda that you'll leave as for a while from the 20th June on? Linda, he prefers "Katrin S." (a ship for all others who didn't read our contributions!) rather than you and me! That's quite annoying but we'll get over it and will find comfort by reading Rilke! :cry:

Geh du nur! Ich bemühe mich, in der Zwischenzeit keinen "virtuellen Bock" mehr zu schießen (der letzte war eher ein Mammut - davon zehre ich noch eine Weile :wink: ) Wenn es in irgendeinem Hafen Internet gibt, schicke uns mal einen Gruß! :roll:

We are looking forward to your return :shock:
Marie

Beitrag von Marie »

It's not my English-day today - must be the heat!
"expect", of course, is the word I was looking for (not "aspect"). And there is something wrong with the grammar of the second sentence as well (prefers to stay with or something like this.) But I have a great confidence in your intelligence, Volker, I'm sure, you get the meaning! :oops:
You could offer some English lessons combined with the PC-workshop :idea: :?: :!:

Liebe Grüße!
Antworten