A list of Rilke letters that have not been translated into English

Rilke-Texte gesucht und gefunden

Moderatoren: Thilo, stilz

Antworten
jubilan

A list of Rilke letters that have not been translated into English

Beitrag von jubilan »

Hello dear Forum members

Does anyone know of a list of Rilke’s letters that have not yet been translated into English – I'm researching material for a publication of Rilke's letters on art, and anything yet untranslated into English could be very valuable.

Many thanks for your time.

Respectfully yours,

Julian Branston
stilz

Re: A list of Rilke letters that have not been translated into English

Beitrag von stilz »

Hello Julian,

welcome to the Rilke-Forum!

As to your question:
I'm sorry that I don't know of such a list.
But wouldn't it be easier the other way round?
If there was a list of Rilke’s letters that have been translated into English, it could be compared to the list of letters ("Verzeichnis") in the Brief-Konkordanz.

And of course, you can browse our Forum (especially the part Schriften und Briefe über Kunst, Literatur, Philosophie) for anything that could be of interest.

It would be interesting to know more about your research - would you, please, notify the Forum when your paper is published?

Best of luck!
stilz
"Wenn wir Gott mehr lieben, als wir den Satan fürchten, ist Gott stärker in unseren Herzen. Fürchten wir aber den Satan mehr, als wir Gott lieben, dann ist der Satan stärker." (Erika Mitterer)
jubilan

Re: A list of Rilke letters that have not been translated into English

Beitrag von jubilan »

Thanks Stilz, your welcome is appreciated!

And I was afraid that would be the response, but being somewhat lazy and knowing my tendency to get lost in minutiae, my hope was that someone had already done the work! Ah well. So yes, now I'm engaged in comparing the excellent concordance (which is invaluable) to Rilke's letters, published in English.

And yes, as the project matures, I'll share details with the forum members.

Best wishes,

Julian
Antworten